Thursday, October 29, 2015

Why Amazon Prime advertising is so intense


I am a bit annoyed at how aggressively Amazon is trying to sell their Prime membership with express shipping and the TV and movie access flatrate (The latter I only realized recently, which is kinda funny, isn't it?). As if they were about to go bankrupt, which is absurd.

Now I think I understand why. It's about that TV and movie thing. They are not the first in that market sector, so they are trying to catch up and cover a bigger market segment before a competitor does, because especially in our (appallingly but to me entirely expected) monopolist times once one business has covered it, that's it. Almost no chance to compete after it has solidified.
So this is basically a race and they're trying to recruit the customer for the pit crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment