Tuesday, November 22, 2016

HTML5 on Youtube still pissing me off

I made another attempt because now some longer videos (or 60 fps ones?) don't offer DASH formats for Flash player anymore and thus are 720p only. A blog claimed HTML5 autoplay disable is fixed in Firefox/Waterfox since version 41, but it wasn't, not even in 47. (48 and newer is out of the question because it absolutely blocks unsigned addons now.) There are autoplay stopper addons that work, but now HTML5 videos took an eternity to buffer before they started playing. So that version I then had to downgrade to 43 ALSO because my old without-alternative addon "Youtube Center" (that gives me stuff like video info on thumbnails) didn't work anymore - not at all. Then the player was centered and I lost my patience and enforced Flash player again and clicked on one icon in it and it was properly aligned on the website again. (Video playback fluidity isn't good anymore in Flash though, at least not on Youtube.)

I also got messed up colored ratings bars under my videos even when disabling Youtube Center which has that feature. Some other addon must be doing this, but no other could be. It just started a couple days ago with the video format change.

Now my mouse scrolling doesn't work on the site anymore if I clicked on the video and this blog's text window interfers with a tab navigation addon. I had to go back to version 40 again; the one before I started this latest attempt. Now all my cookie settings are gone! (Luckily I could restore them from my backup. But it's stupid to use an sqlite database file and have it mess up itself between versions.)


I hate this shit! It's getting worse all the time.

We need to make the web great again.

No comments:

Post a Comment