Thursday, June 30, 2016

And you probably thought

If someone asks me a question and it is worded so poorly that I have no clue what they mean, chances are very high that trying to answer it will just be a waste of time.

It's a similar situation when I ask someone a question and specifically word it so that no ambiguity or confusion is left yet the person still manages to misunderstand against my thorough effort.

A person like me who enjoys helping habitually invests more effort into people who have trouble understanding, but internet has taught me in plenty of lessons that the opposite is wise.
Because usually such things indicate that the person refuses to put some effort into such interactions. With the amount of effort someone invests in an inquiry I can judge the degree of their desire to get an answer. Some might even just want attention and thus deliberately prolong an interaction through being vague. Or they are just unable to view the question from someone else's point, which is equally prompting to not waste time on it because that's usually paired with selfishness.

No comments:

Post a Comment